Home / Social Media / the Marine Corps issue new social media guidelines after nude photo scandal

the Marine Corps issue new social media guidelines after nude photo scandal

according to Please enable Javascript to watch this video WASHINGTON — The Marine Corps issued new social media guidelines on Wednesday, after recent revelations that nude and explicit pictures of female service members had been posted online without their permission.
The ACLU also demanded accountability from the Marine Corps on Wednesday.
But lawmakers and service members rights groups are demanding answers and action in the wake of a scandal that many say reflects poor leadership from military brass.
“But he has his own distinct qualities and attributes, and it’s safe to say that no commandant has ever rivaled his dedication to the creation of a diverse Marine Corps,” Hunter said.
Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller signed the new social media guidelines in order to clarify that the military code of justice punishments that apply to social media sexual harassment are the same as those that apply to all other forms of sexual harassment.

This new social media game is terrifying parents

This new social media game is terrifying parents

Now the Eraser Challenge is sparking fresh concern among worried parents as the number of images shared on social media is on the climb.
And last year we told how teens viciously insulted each other online as part of a social media trend called the Huh Challenge.
The foolish stunt first came to peoples’ attention in February last year, with children sharing snaps of their bloodied arms on social media sites like Instagram.
A disturbing trend which encourages school children to scrub at the skin on their arms with a rubber while reciting the alphabet is gathering steam on social media.
The Eraser Challenge – known by some parents as The ABC Game – is won by the person who ends up with the biggest wound.

referring to Marines will soon be required to sign a formal policy statement confirming that they have read and understood the new social media guidance issued by Marine Commandant Gen. Robert Neller.The pledge is designed in part to aid the Marine Corps in prosecuting future misconduct on the social media front, according to Brig.
It’s also unclear how many other websites in addition to Marines United have been identified as potentially involved in the misconduct.Currently, criminal investigators are focused on the sharing of explicit photos from upwards of 20 victims — a number investigators expect to increase.
Investigators are trying to determine whether the circumstances surrounding the posting of those photos meet a “criminal statute,” according to Evans.“Information that does not meet a criminal threshold will still be handed to the Marine Corps,” Evans said.Those actions that are deemed “prejudicial to good order and conduct of the organization”” may receive administrative action from the Marine Corps, Glynn said.
Gen. James F. Glynn, the director of Marine Corps communications.If a Marine demonstrates conduct on social media that is contrary to “good order and discipline,” the signed pledge will lower the “burden of proof,” for the Marine Corps to show that a Marine has violated clear guidance from the Commandant — and the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.“It opens up a range of options within the UCMJ,” Glynn said.The announcement comes as the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Marine Corps struggle to piece together criminal investigations related to the Marines United portal, where hundreds of Marines are believed to have posted and viewed photos of female Marines and other women without their consent.The NCIS investigation has identified at least 1,200 screen names related to the site, Marine officials said.NCIS is still in the process of verifying the screen names, and those names alone “do not imply criminal intent,” said Special Agent Curtis Evans, the director of the NCIS task force assigned to the investigation.The investigation is heavily reliant on outside tips, which have reached into the hundreds, and a series of screenshots provided by Thomas Brennan, the Marine veteran who broke the story in a recent report in Reveal, a publication run by the Center for Investigative Reporting.Evidence in the case has been difficult to compile, as online traffic and posts are not permanent and in many cases the Facebook groups are closed and private, meaning investigators don’t always have access to the material.“In the digital world we are always trying to catch up,” Evans said.Many questions remain unanswered and investigators declined to comment on several issues, including how many of the 1,200 screen names have resulted in interviews with real people.

collected by :EmyJakop

to read more

visit us

social media

Check Also

picture.jpg

DonaldTrump removes Bannon from NSC in staff shake-up

collected by :EmyJakop The new order establishing the structure of the council, which was published …